14 July 2012

Topcoat and basecoat

When I decided to start doing this manicure thing regularly, I figured a proper basecoat and topcoat would be a good investment. After a lot of reading around on various blogs, I went for Orly Bonder as a basecoat and Seche Vite as a topcoat. I've been using them for a few weeks so here are my thoughts.

Orly Bonder is marketed as a rubberized basecoat that helps grip lacquer to its surface, making your manicure last longer. It goes on easily and it isn’t smooth to touch - it really does feel slightly rubbery. I've been using it for a few weeks now and I haven't had chips like I normally do, just a little tip wear. It's also prevented any staining.

Seche Vite has quite a strong smell but it applies well, dries quickly and has a good shine to it, so it’s already miles ahead of the non-branded topcoat I was using before! A daily coat of this has kept manicures going a little longer, but I have noticed pullback at the tips with non-creme polishes. This might just be my application but it's happened when I've wrapped colour over tips too. Overall, I'm open to trying other brands but I have no major problems with Seche.

In other news, my cuticles are marginally better but still a massive work in progress - it’s going to be a lot of intensive care until I get them sorted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love to see them and will reply to all of you! Comments with links will be removed so please email me instead if you'd like me to visit your blog :)